Tuesday, September 22, 2009

2 funerals and the death of a car

On Sept 17, 2009 Stanley's great grandma Georgia Pugh died. She lived a long life and was in her mid 90's. A few days before she passed away our friend Rachel's grandpa also died. Grandma Georgie's funeral was on Saturday and Rachel's grandpa's fuenral viewing was on Sunday so it worked out where we could go to both.

I was very worried that Stanley wouldn't make it home in time to go to the funeral but he did! We weren't able to go to Grandma Georgie's viewing but we were scheduled to go the funeral on time and when we were almost there we got a phone call from my sister in law, Martha. Their car had died about half an hour away from the funeral location. Stanley & Martha's mom was able to have a friend go and pick up Martha & 2 of the kids to make it in time for the funeral but they didn't have room for Radek and Christian. I dropped Stanley & Will off at the nursing home where the funeral was and went to pick up Radek & Christian. It was more important for Stanley and Martha to be there for their great grandma's funeral. Radek, Christian, and I made it only 10 minutes late, which isn't too bad at all. We were able to go to the graveyard. I am so thankful that Rachel came to the funeral too because when Will got fussy she was able to take him out so he wouldn't disturb anyone else.

One of my favorite parts of the weekend was seeing the twins Ethan & Dallas again. They are finally taller than me, which I knew would happen sooner than later. They also made me so proud because they know tons of baseball stats, probably more than I know! I was also excited because I could tell them apart! (Dallas is on the right & Ethan is on the left in the picture of both of them) They were both so good with Will too and played with him and gave him his first popsicle. He definitly loves them and they love him! Hopefully we'll get to see them more often then just weddings & funerals.

On Saturday night Radek borrowed our car to take his family home and then brought the car back to us and then we would drive him home that night. So he got to tag along with us to Rachel's grandpa's viewing. We thought it started at 11 but it didn't actually start until 2 so we killed some time by having fun at the park. Even Stanley & Radek had fun by playing on the teeter totter!

I will end this by saying it was very good to see family. There was a lot less tension this time then there was at Janna & Terry's wedding. I hope this means we can actually be a family again and put the past behind us. It was neat that we were able to take a 5 generation picture with Will's great great grandma Betty, great grandma Sharon, grandma Sheila, Stanley and Will.

It was also nice that I got 3 days PAID off for grievance so I was able to spend more time with Stanley alone! (We paid for the babysitter already so we took him and had a much needed date day!)

1 comment:

Kk said...

very nice blog post there.