Friday, September 11, 2009

I can't believe it's been 8 years since 9-11-01


8 years ago today marked a day in history that no one will ever forget. I remember walking into the Blair-Shannon Cafeteria and seeing a ton of people huddled over the TV in the lobby of Blair. I wondered what was going on but went ahead to the cafeteria and got biscuits and gravy for breakfast and sat down in the TV room to see what was going on. As I sat there I watched the second plane hit. I didn't even take a bite of my breakfast. The girl at the next table was crying because she had family in New York. I was just in shock. I remember walking to my psychology class and the teacher had left a note on the door saying class had been cancelled and to spend time with loved onces and be sure to watch CNN. I went back to my dorm room and sat on the couch with my suite mates Heidi & Darci and we just watched TV all day and cried and called our love ones. I personally didn't know anyone in the towers but I still get chills everytime I watch a program on TV about it or think about what happened that day.

I thank all those people who gave their lives to try to save people and that day will never be forgotten!

No comments: